2022 NWT Territorials
& AWG/CWG Trials
Feb 24 & 25, 2022
Fort Smith, NT
Toyota/Canada Snowboard Grom Series Event
If you’re interested in competing in territorials sign up now!
For any questions email email@example.com
Age Categories (See below for AWG/CWG age eligibility)
- Ages 10 – 14
- birth year 2011 – 2008
- Ages 15 – 18
- birth year 2007-2004
- Ages 19+
- Fort Smith, NT
- Located at the end of Marine Drive
- Travel subsidies are still being determined, we will update the website as we confirm
- Registration deadline is Feb 19, 2022
- Any symptoms, please stay home, follow the CPHO self check form
- Please abide by all Slide Zone Shredderz and NWT Snowboard Covid-19 regulations
- For more information please go to https://www.nwtsnowboard.ca/covid-19/
Clinic – 9am – 12pm
Dene Drummers 12pm – 12:15pm
Lunch break 12:15pm – 1:00pm
Slalom – 1:00pm – 2:30pm
SBX – 2:30pm – 4pm
Clinic – 9am – 12pm
Lunch break 12pm – 1pm
Rail Jam – 1pm – 2:30pm
Big Air – 2:30pm – 4pm
Sat & Sun:
Am I good enough to Ride in Territorials?
Are you feeling unsure about your ability to compete in Territorials? That’s okay everyone feels like that at some stage and the good news is you ARE good enough. Not only do you not need to compete in every category but the only person your competing with is yourself! If you are trying to push your limits and improve your riding every time you go out then that is exactly what the spirit of Territorials is all about. If you are eligible and interested in making the 2023 Team NT we recommend doing every discipline available to give you the most points possible to potentially earn a top 2 spot!
To qualify for the AWG/CWG’s team you must;
Be within the age categories set-out by the AWG and CWG committee’s
- Juvenile: Ages 10-13 (birth year 2010 – 2008).
- Junior: Ages 14-16 (birth year 2008-2006)
- ** Age at the event
Be in the top 2 male or female in your age category
Display sportsmanship and a healthy, supportive attitude to your fellow riders and everyone else on the hill
Be willing to commit to team training sessions and possibly travel for training camps
- Jam format – You can get in as many runs as you can within the time given
- Timed runs – The best time out of all of your runs will be what is considered your ‘final time’
- Rail Jam
- Jam format
- Use the whole run to string together various tricks using all the features and elements available
- Key judging points: Trick and feature selection, no falls, style, execution and amplitude.
- SBX (Snowboardcross)
- Race Format
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners
- Big Air
- Jam format
- Big-air jump, 2 size options
- Key judging points: Trick difficulty, amplitude, landing
- all Judging will be based on;
- Amplitude – How big you go
- Difficulty – How hard the tricks are to successfully land
- Style/ Execution – Smoothness, did they make the trick look easy and did everything go exactly as they planned
- Landing – Did the board land flat and rider stay up right, did their hand touch down during the landing, did they not land the trick.
- Accommodation options;
- Helmets must be worn at all times
- WARM GEAR! There will be times where you may be standing around. You can always take layers off.
- Rental gear has SOLD OUT for the season at Slide Zone Shredderz, please arrange your own snowboarding equipment prior to the event
- Please bring any other protective gear you feel necessary (spine protector, wrist guards, etc)
- Lunch and snacks will be provided by NWT Snowboard
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions
- Try your best and have fun!
- Stick with the tricks you know. Attempting new tricks at events can ultimately hurt your score and can be dangerous, stick to what you’ve practiced!
- Find a happy medium of pushing yourself with difficult tricks but still maintaining your ability to go large off jumps and stay smooth on any and all features
- Use your warm-up wisely! Understand how fast you need to be going for the run and the conditions (speed check), go through your trick list so you know what’s working and what’s not working on the day and always go through a full range of motion before riding to prevent and injuries
- Slide Zone Shredderz will also be hosting their Big Fun event in the afternoon each day, we encourage all Territorials participants to sign-up for some extra riding and competition!
- Cost is $40
- To sign-up click HERE
- In case of a tie breaker, the winner will be determined by events won
- In the rare case that does not clearly define a winner it will go to a head to head event decided by the judges.
- If the weather is colder than -30C the lift will not be in operation, the event will continue but riders will be expected to hike up the hill
- Feb 24
- 7:30am – 5pm
- Feb 25
- 8:00am – 5pm
A huge thank you to all of our sponsors/ hosts!